thanks for the memories

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook 17 September 2012

Outside my window...it is dark.  By the clock the new day has begun but the sun won't make it's appearance for several hours yet.  But, if today is anything like the previous one it will be a cool, sunny fall day. Perfect here in Central New York
I am thinking...about things to come.  The Big Dude is supposed to be home this week for a short leave.  Fall activities have commenced and along with them the busyness that comes with participation.
I am thankful for...a husband who sits through an afternoon of chamber music just to please his culture hungry wife.
From the kitchen...something without beans I think. We are all beaned out after the fare this past weekend. It was good but the environment needs a break.
I am wearing...jammies.  It is way too early to be thinking about my attire for the day.
I am creating...home!
I am going...to get so much done today that I won't even recognize myself (I hope).
I am reading...The Heart of Virtue by Donald DeMarco
I am hoping...to finish this and possibly go to sleep...finally!
I am hearing...MK's dog snoring in the kennel behind me, the water bubbling in the fish tank in the living room, and the night time sighs and groans from this old house.
Around the house...all is quiet and sleeping.  There is no rush for the new day to begin.
One of my favorite things...driving around the fall countryside.
A few plans for the rest of the week...get a lot of work done before Big Dude gets here so I can enjoy his visit.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
I can never get enough of seeing this guy and being with him.  This is the love of my life!

No comments: