thanks for the memories

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 22 October 2012

Outside my window...the sun is up but the sky is cloudy.  The weatherman promises that it is supposed to get sunnier and warmer today.  With the chill that we have been having in the mornings I fear that the sunnier and warmer days are at a premium.  My long walks outside are shortly coming to an end and the treadmill will soon be pressed into service.

I am thinking...of lists.  Lists of things to do and items that need to be procured.  Lists of all kinds populate my mind and my desktop.  The man who invented sticky-notes should get the next Nobel prize.

I am thankful for...silliness and a loving family.  There was a mishap in the kitchen yesterday which spoiled supper.  Rather than face it with anger or annoyance my family laughed, joked and make do with what we had.

From the kitchen...only time will tell what will be on tonight's menu.  There isn't much leftover in the refrigerator which means that I must get creative.  Perhaps I will continue on my soup kick or maybe I will branch out and make something a little more adventurous.

I am wearing...warm, cozy pajamas!!!!

I am creating...loving gifts from the heart for my family for Christmas.

I am going...to stay home today.  I shopped on Saturday and am well stocked with ingredients for cooking.  The sewing room is also well stocked.  So it is home for me to stay and creativity will reign today.

I am reading...The Story of a Soul.  I am on a "revisiting old loves" kick right now.

I am hoping...for answered prayers.

I am hearing...Layn and Melissa sitting together. She's showing him how to "knit" using one of the round looms.  

Around the house...the fire is burning in the stove, the coffee is scenting the kitchen, and the dogs are asleep on the hearth. Yep, things are the way that they should be.

One of my favorite things...shuffling through the leaves on the way into church yesterday morning.  The scent of fallen maple leaves was with me all through mass.

A few plans for the rest of the week....write letters, mail out packages, work on projects, serve my Lord and care for my family.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
                      Saturday after the rain the sun came out and so did this rainbow.

No comments: