thanks for the memories

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 11 March 2013

 
Outside my window...the sun seems reluctant to come out from behind the clouds this morning.  Perhaps it was exhausted from shining so beautifully yesterday.  The weather men are calling for rain later today which is a big hint to do any outdoor things this morning.  Spring is slowly creeping up on us around here.  When I walk outside there is the distinct smell of tilled earth coming awake after a long winter.  The fields are brown and fertile looking lying in wait for the right time to be sown with seed.  The birds are very busy flying back and forth searching for I don't know what.  But their songs sweeten the air and promise that warm weather will be here soon if we can only be patient.
 
I am thinking...about words.  Words that I like the sound of and words that I enjoy looking at all spelled out on a fresh sheet of paper. 
 
I am thankful for...my sons and daughter.  I am particularly thankful for my eldest son whose birthday we celebrated yesterday.  It is the fulfillment of all a parent wishes for a child when that parent witnesses him stiving for a Godly life and raising his own child to have the same.
 
From the kitchen....brown rice porridge for breakfast.  I think a stir-fry of fresh vegies and fake chicken will be on the lunch menu then oatmeal for supper.  There now that it is all planned out I can forget about the kitchen for the day.
 
I am wearing....sweatpants and a flannel shirt with Tinker Bell on it.  Today is a good day to get caught up with the school work left from last week and to make a good start on this week's work.
 
I am going....to stay right here and be diligent about my work.
 
I am reading..."Salem 1692 what Devils Made Them Do It?" by Bruce Wilson
 
I am hoping...that the conclave brings us a good and holy Pope.  One who is true and loyal to the truth and teachings of the Holy Catholic Church.
 
I am hearing....the news from the Vatican playing in the den, The Priests singing in the kitchen, and the traffic as it whizzes past the house.
 
Around the house....it is still and peaceful.  I love my family and there is nothing that I like better than to be in the middle of the chaos.  But when it is time for me to be productive, thank you God for good friends who live in quiet houses.
 
One of my favorite things...the rich, fertile smell of the awakening earth.  I am so thankful that I live in this rural area where I am surrounded by life in all its forms.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week....school, adoration, and more school.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Yesterday Savannah and Layn got to play out on the front porch.  Savannah took this chance to get reaquainted with some old friends.  I love her little lisp when she says, "Who'th that?"

No comments: