thanks for the memories

Monday, December 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 30 December 2013

 
Outside my window...it is a very gloomy day.  Thank God that we had an awesome visit from Aunt ReNee', Caiti, and Erin to brighten it up.
 
I am thinking...the love that exists between members of my family and the way that it is demonstrated.
 
I am thankful for...the love and support of a husband who leaves home and work to help care for my mother.
 
From the kitchen...tuna steaks, rice, broccoli, and a large green salad are all on the menu tonight.
 
I am wearing...jeans and a brown tee shirt.
 
I am going...to be working like an elf in Santa's workshop trying to get MK's birthday gift done so I can ship it in time for the big day. (probably won't happen but hey I can try)
 
I am reading...nothing!  There is too much to do and far too much to pay attention to for me to get lost in a book.
 
I am hoping....that MK has the best birthday yet.  Have I mentioned that she is the sweetest daughter a woman could have?
 
I am hearing...Johnny Mathis singing in the livingroom, Doug out in the garage working on some project, and the blue jays out back fighting over their quota of sunflower seeds.
 
Around the house...things are quiet, far too quiet!  I either need a toddler or a puppy to liven things up.
 
One of my favorite things...working beside the man that I married and knowing that what we are doing is what we should be doing.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish MK's gift and ship it, work on a commission, mass for the holy day, lots of the usual home and household tasks, and just generally see to the responsibilities of my state in life.
 
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
 
The peace and joy of Christmas spent with the ones that you love cannot be over emphasized.

No comments: