thanks for the memories

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 16 June 2014


Outside my window...the sun is up signaling the start of a new day and an even newer week. I have no idea what the weather people are calling for today and I really do not care.  It is Monday and that carries with it the knowledge that certain activities are going to be carried out no matter what the weather.  

I am thinking...about family and the ways that we love each other.  Yesterday was Father's Day and though the calls and the greetings were not about me or for me how I reveled in the respect and love that my children showed to their father.  The day may have been all about him but I think that I got the greatest gift of all.  It was my pleasure to witness the interaction between this loving husband and father and his children.

I am thankful for...cool breezes, shade trees, and the scents that mean summer outdoors

From the kitchen...I will be serving up toasted cheese sandwiches.  My husband rarely makes requests in the culinary department but when he does I do my best to honor those requests.  Today it is toasted cheese and that is what the man will get.

I am hearing...the Cardinals calling to each other, crows cawing in the distance, and the lonely whistle of a train as it speeds along the tracks near here.

One of my favorite things...sitting here on the porch before the world is wide awake.  I can make out the calls of the various birds as they go about their morning business.  The symphony of cars and trucks on the highway outside the development plays a distinctly human counterpoint to the softer sounds of the birds and the sigh of the breeze in the trees.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...more of the same I am afraid.  For those who expect excitement this is not the place to come. I have aprons to sew, dresses to smock, hankies to embroider and the ever present quilting machine to run.  All of that will be accomplished between meal getting, bath giving and laundry doing.  My days are full and though the fullness isn't always of my choosing it is good and I have my husband, my dog and my God as my companions.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
A very lighthearted moment from Ryan's wedding reception.  There are no words to describe how I love my children and how I admire the men and women that they have become.

No comments: