thanks for the memories

Monday, June 9, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 9 June 2014

Outside my window...the sun is up and shining brightly.  For a welcome and wonderful change the temperature is only 76 with a relative humidity of 69%!  It almost feels like summer in NY (almost).  

I am thinking...that the person who decided that no wax flooring should have pits and valleys in it should be taken out and shot at dawn!  I am not the worlds greatest housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination but I sure wish that my floor would look clean when I clean it without having to crawl around on my knees with a scrub brush!  On a better note the person who invented the shark steam mop should be knighted and never have to work another day in his life!  My sister-in-law bought me one and it is the ultimate gift for someone like me.  It gets the floor clean and, since it uses steam, practically dry at the same time which is great for this southern climate.  

I am thankful...for loving and thoughtful people such as ReNee' who get me such gifts without being judgmental or nasty about the fact that she is a good homemaker and I stink at it.

From the kitchen...one of my all time favorite warm weather dishes is on tap for tonight!!!!  I went to a farmers market Saturday and procured white onions, peppers, yellow squash and zucchini!!!! We are having sausage, peppers, and onions over rice with a side of summer squash!!!!  I have been saving the last package of our own sausage for just this day.

I am hearing....Don McLean singing in the living room, the dryer running, and the birds singing outside.  

One of my favorite things...days like this when I get up and it is sunny but not muggy.  I really am not much in the way of domestic things but I do try to keep things a little clean and tidy.  By 9 this morning I had two loads of laundry done, the house straightened up and dusted, tomato plants planted, the gardens weeded and watered, mom bathed, fed and out on the porch doing her thing.  Now the floors are done and I feel like I have accomplished something important.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...today's cleaning spree aside, the rest of the week will no doubt see a great deal of neglect since the sewing pile calls to me.  The to do list grows with each day and that not only makes me happy but keeps my mind from stagnating which is something that I fear.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
MK, lest you fear that your mother has gone over to the dark side, here is my messy little corner of the world still totally intact.  It is currently driving your grandmother crazy since she keeps offering to clean it up for me but it makes me happy.

I just had to include this example of my latest embroidery acquisition.  I plan on changing the color palate since I really don't like the original one but I love the detail.

No comments: