thanks for the memories

Monday, October 14, 2019

God knows...

It's a good thing to remember and to contemplate the fact that, God knows. Even if you think you know, or that He doesn't know, you're wrong. God knows.

The point of our lives here on earth is to attain to salvation. It is really all that matters and thus every thought, word, and deed should be aimed to that end.  I can personally and honestly say that like others I struggle in that department of my life.  No one really wants to step out of their comfort zone although that zone is not where the most salvific changes occur on a day to day basis.  God knows! He knows we need to extend ourselves and he knows the best way for that to happen.

He knows, for instance, that my greatest comfort lies in my home. Even with family coming into my space it is usually done on my terms. I selfishly tend to be quite protective of my home, my time, and my talents.  God knows!  Usually things or happenings that shake up my routine or cause me to have to unexpectedly encounter people and places that I haven't sufficiently prepared for not only makes me step out of my comfort zone but usually thrusts me out bodily.  


That being said, as long as the crisis hasn't anything to do with me, per se, I can usually recover and swing into action mode. My way of dealing with most crises is to clean, cook, bake, and care for those around me, be they family or strangers.  But, see that isn't what is going to stretch me the most, God knows.

A case in point, MK had to have what was going to be a minor surgery last week that turned into a somewhat major surgery and an overnight stay as the hospital. Once the facts had sunk in I quickly shifted into coping mode. The "sick room" was set up, delectable and tempting food were thought of, and life proceeded the way it should when there is a convalescent in the house.  Crisis handled, I was good to go.  But, I forgot that God knows.

Here is where the lesson comes in. Today I went to see the dr. about what I thought was a minor inconvenience and would be an in and out and done visit. But, you see, God knows.  This supposed in and done thing is calling for a day long prep and a colonoscopy tomorrow (must be potentially serious since I don't even have to wait weeks for this test).  This is where the real issue lies for me. Where I have not only been moved out of my comfort zone but that zone has been shifted out of my reach; this inconvenience involves me.  I cannot control the situation, no amount of cleaning or cooking is going to change the fact that I am the one who needs help, must submit to the care of others, and most of all, I might have to be humbled.  So today I am praying for the grace to face this with good humor, to submit to the need to be cared for, and most of all to offer all frustrations and inconveniences back to He who hung on a cross so that I could spend eternity in his company. 

No comments: