thanks for the memories

Monday, March 14, 2022

Here we go again

Outside my window...we are back to spring again. The weekend went from warm and sunny to snowy. 
Kaycie rolled her eyes when she looked out at Uncle's jeep full of snow and told us, "I told Uncle not to take off the doors!" Out of the mouths of babes!
I am thinking...about Friday's meditation and how it pertains to my life in a unique way. One of the hardest things for me to do is to remain recollected to God and the promptings of the Holy Spirit in the small moments of my life. I have always lived full tilt. As a wife and mother on the farm every day I hit the floor running and often my prayer life was condensed to the times when I prayed with the children, and a sleepy rosary before I drifted off to sleep. Once the kids were grown and gone my days barely changed in speed or tempo. Even now when I am alone being recollected to God in my life is often a struggle. Since Friday's meditation I have become aware of the moving of the Lord in my day.
I have always been drawn to the time spent holding the youngest in my daily world. More than ever when rocking this little man I find myself taking a deep breath and relaxing while letting my mind and heart be led to prayers that can barely be articulated. 
I am thankful...for daughters-in-law who willingly and generously share with me the daily accomplishments and triumphs of the precious souls that God has blessed this family with.

I am determined...to spend tomorrow planting my asparagus, raspberries, elderberries, and the root crops. The snow and cold of the weekend has passed and my spirit is turning to the dirt and time that needs to be spent in the sunshine and fresh air.

I am proud of all of my children. They all display knowledge and resourcefulness learned from their father. Friday Jason was able to finally attack the twin problems of weak water pressure and expensive leaking in their water system.  With help from Nate, Teddy, and Uncle he managed to dig to lay a new line, change out the line and fixtures from the street to the house. Saturday morning Kim was giddy with the fact that she could do laundry, run the dishwasher and take a shower all at the same time. 

This little boy is always a good hand to have around when you are doing an outside job.


 All the same, here I am back on a Monday. The house is clean, the laundry is done, and bills are paid. All of this industry is directed at having time tomorrow to spend outdoors getting some planting done. If playing in the dirt is healthy and relaxing then I plan on being the healthiest and most relaxed old lady on the street.

No comments: