thanks for the memories

Monday, March 7, 2022

Thoughts on a Monday morning

Outside my window...there is much sunshine going on out there. Later, though, I am told that is all going to change. I suppose after a week of summer the world should be content with a return of winter.
I am thinking...I'm going to be glad I covered the bale of paper with tarps and raked up the errant pieces that were blowing all over the lawn. 
Even now the wind has begun to blow. I hear the wind chimes out front and the curtains in the kitchen are billowing out from the wind.
I'll be thankful...if the handle breaking off my favorite mug is all the Monday I have to experience. For the past few weeks it has been something everyday to cause a slub in the fabric of my life. True none of these things to which I refer are of any major import but it seems ominous taken all together. Or, perhaps it's just the fact that I spend most of my days alone that a flooded basement, leaky dishwasher gasket, broken mug, among other things seem more important than they really are.
 
For instance, when you cannot find your ruby slippers it's a big deal. Fortunately, totally unbeknownst to me, I actually put them where I had intended to.  

Some of my favorite things...is spending time with this little man.

By the obvious good time he is having you would never guess that he's doing his chores.

Ferdinand is lucky to have a friend like Nate. This boy was a happy purchase. 
Even this handful was a happy purchase. Sasha makes everyone smile just by being around. 

I am determined...to get the hollies into the ground before the rain comes later on. There are also a dozen asparagus crowns that have to be put into the ground perhaps after the rain dampens the soil. I kind of like the fact that the growing season here in East Tennessee comes close behind the desire to plant. 

Here are a few pictures that I am sharing with you...

Steak on the grill! What's not to love, right Kaycie?

Saturday morning Uncle got to spend some quality time with these three. What a blessing to be so close to each other.

My sweet boy used up all his energy being a boy. Thanks to Auntie for having a nice comfy place to lay his head.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

What a nice attitude that glorifies the Lord. : ) Your home looks so warm and cozy, just so loving.

Love your little grandchildren and their fun antics, that looks so cozy...nap time with a quilt in a chair like that! And oh what is there not to love about Ferdinand and Sasha!

Uncle looks like your husband. <3

Have a sweet day glorifying the Lord in all you do as you do so well!

Blessings Friend!