thanks for the memories

Monday, March 21, 2022

Wow! Another week to live intentionally.

Outside my window...it's sunny and relatively warm. I know it's spring because the outside world smells like a mixture of grass, onions, and freshly turned dirt. 
I am thinking....about seeds, root stock, and playing in the big pile of compost that is in my yard. It is very hard on a sunny Monday to keep focused. Monday has always been for whipping the house into shape, doing all the laundry, and generally flexing my domestic muscle. In the area of self discipline fulfilling my responsibilities when the sun shines has always been a struggle for me. Sixty years old and I still struggle with that. I guess with age wisdom doesn't always follow.
I am thankful...for those around me. The silliness of time spent in the kid's company, the comfort of hugs, kisses, and sticky fingerprints cannot be quantified.
I am determined...to get the last few chores of the day finished so that tomorrow can be spent playing in the dirt.
I am also determined to work off the cake consumed this past weekend. MK requested a cake for a co-worker who is leaving for another job. If I make a cake that is leaving this house I darn well better make a second one for the men-folk to enjoy. Thankfully Matthew had the last piece last night so I don't have to resist finishing it today.
Last week I got quite a few things planted. This trumpeter vine is there to remind me of the day I went into labor with my youngest. 

I have no idea what this is but the lawn and the fields are full of these happy little heralds of spring.


Yesterday we took time to take a walk in the the woods. It is hard for this old grandma to admit that I had trouble trying to keep up with the pack. But, the plus side of that is getting to enjoy watching and listening to the chatter.

Teddy is small enough to enjoy the outing from Uncle's arms.

My favorite flower. The sight of violets peaking out of last year's leaves brings back memories of my beloved taking the time to pick me bouquets of them.


Our Lady got a fresh coat of paint Saturday. Ryan sent this to Papa and I when he was stationed in Korea. She has been with us through good times and bad and in every place that we have called home. 
 

No comments: