thanks for the memories

Monday, July 25, 2022

And some weeks I just live...


Outside my window the atmosphere seems to be purging itself of all the moisture that has accumulated in the past couple of weeks. I have recently become resigned to the presence of weeds in my gardens. I abhor being soaked in sweat thus you will not find me in the gardens when the temperature hovers in the 90's with dew points above 60 degrees.
I am wearing an orange tunic with black bike shorts and a brown hoodie. Don't ask and you won't actually know how strange I am.
I am reading (again) The Mindful Catholic. Slower this time with a resolve to really learn to be more mindful.
My plans for the rest of the day include things like reading, sewing, thinking, and generally staying in out of the rain.
Picture thoughts I am sharing...

I have to laugh at the memories that pop up on FB. This was Layn 10 years ago. I took him for his first haircut. He was a good boy and sat very still. Judging by the look on his face I think he actually wondered what Grandma was all excited about. Now he is twelve and those eyes are just as expressive as ever. 

Another picture that popped up in my memories last week. Papa just loved being with his grands. 

Speaking of haircuts. The Tennessee boys had haircuts this past weekend. Nate is a veteran of trips to the barbershop. He sits still like the good boy he is.


Theodore on the other hand, is still a good boy but he is his own brand of good. But he managed to sit still till the end.
Not a lot you can do with all that thin, fine, blonde hair but I think the man did a great job. Of course he was cute to begin with.

These days of heat and humidity often bring some spectacular light shows in the evening. Watching the lightning playing over the mountains is better than any movie.
 

No comments: