thanks for the memories

Monday, August 1, 2022

A Simply Glorious Monday

 

Outside my window it is cloudy and muggy. Uncle is cutting pieces of rebar for the front retaining wall and otherwise making a big noise. 

I am wearing denim shorts and a green t shirt. 

I am thinking about taking an adventure this week. I have two nights booked at a hotel in NC and tickets to ride on the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad. 

On the menu for tonight will be a stir fry using fresh beans, greens, tomatoes, and herbs from the garden along with some sausage. 

A few pictures to share:

Yesterday Matthew and I met some people from church at the range and spent a fun hour honing our drawing and firing skills. Matthew is trying to establish a once a month thing with a group of folks who are like minded. 

Bottoms up, Teddy! He was determined to get into Noah's saucer.

Now that the high heat and humidity seems to be moderating Uncle is graciously working to finish the retaining wall out front. First step, cut the rebar into useful lengths.

Next drive them into the ground inside the cement blocks and pour the cement in. I will be very happy when this job is completed. Once we backfill and smooth things off I won't be using the lawnmower to level the ground. 

Last week Nate had a birthday. His parents got him a skateboard so what else would grandma get but protective gear. I love this boy so much,

A part of Nate's birthday celebration was to take him to the county fair and watch the truck and tractor pull. His dad was bummed that a Dodge won overall. This tractor nearly knocked the fence over. 

While Jason is out in the driveway working on his truck the boys spent time working on their Jeep. I love to see them admiring their dad so and trying to be just like him. He's a good man boys. You couldn't find a better example.

Teddy and Ferdinand are getting to be good buddies. He likes to pull grass and feed it to "Nand."

Goofy animal! He follows me everywhere when I go over there. 

This past spring I bought four hibiscus roots. Three prospered and are now flowering. I cannot explain why this lovely bloom enchants me so but looking at them open each morning is a sure sign of hope. 

No comments: