thanks for the memories

Monday, July 18, 2022

The simplest of women living the simplest of lives

 

Outside my window the sun is baking the laundry on the line and generally making itself known and felt. The weather prognosticators are calling for severe weather later in the day. Thank you Matthew for getting the lawns mowed. Perhaps in a little while I will brave the heat and humidity and finish clearing the squash garden in preparation for a second planting.

I am wearing green cargo shorts and a green and cream plaid top. The order of the day is to stay cool and I am all over that. Actually since I moved my sewing area down into the basement and created a neat sitting area staying cool isn't as difficult as it has been. I hate to run the AC and run up MK's electric bill.

I am currently reading The Art of Praying by Romano Guardini (I needed to take a break from Anne Catherine Emerich)

I am listening to Michael Buble and contemplating what circumstances prompted the composer to pen The Best of Me. 

Breakfast? A banana and hemp heart laced protein drink. Tonight supper will be chicken thighs in a white wine sauce with spinach over fresh spaghetti squash. 

My plans for today? Well there are still two more loads of laundry to fold and put away. After Matthew's job interview I have to drive him to work. If it rains I will happily spend the afternoon sewing. I have one project on the frame, one on the small quilting machine, and another being pieced on the regular machine. Tomorrow I have two ladies coming over for sewing. The three boys will be over as well while mom has an appointment with the dentist. That should make for a full and busy day.

Here are some pictures from the week past:

Teddy enjoying the new sitting area in the basement. 

A rare picture of Teddy sleeping. This boy wakes in "full out" mode and stays that way until he is made to settle down then he passes out and sleeps like a log.

I have dubbed this area my Princess Annierose garden. Everyday when I go out here the sight of the flowers smiling up at the sun makes me think of my granddaughter.

These flowers are miraculous to me. Just a couple of months ago this was a seemingly dead stick. 

A dear friend who lives next to the farm is generous with his talent, sharing glimpses into my memories and the life of my son and his family.


The girls wrapped up their soccer season. They didn't win their championship but to their grandmother these girls are champions anyway. Annie and Kaycie will never know how proud they make me.

Noah is growing far too fast for his grandmother's liking. I mean seriously, reading already?

He's working on his next accomplishment, crawling. My husband would say it's about time to make another one. 

No comments: