thanks for the memories

Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy 4th of July

A quick disclaimer: though today is the 4th of July there will be no fireworks, cookouts, or historical pictures in this post.

Outside my window the hot muggy weather persists but being the winter-hardened Northerner that I am am I adapt and muddle through each day.

This being a holiday weekend the family spent much time together. Of course any weekend is an excuse for this family to spend time together. So much so that they little people were left behind when the parents went home last night. I must have consumed more beer than I thought I did to overlook that happening.
 

Everyone is up and about but Noah, I think, is the smartest of all. He's got a full belly, clean diaper, and his trusted paci. What more can a man want?

Yesterday, since off and on thunderstorms kept us inside these two got to have control of the remote while the adults played games.
Farkle was the game of choice and Jason and MK are the farkle on the first roll champs of the day. If you've ever played then you know how amazing a feat that it.
Another favorite activity is coloring and grandma, being a sucker for new crayons, brought forth the 200 count box. 
The garden is thriving and producing more that one fat old lady and young girl can keep up with so last Thursday was "use up the zucchini" day. I managed to bake 6 loaves of bread and shred and freeze another 8 cups of zucchini.

I cannot take too many pictures of this kid. Having him around is like going back to when his dad was a boy. He is happy, smart, inquisitive, and knows no fear.

He is also into everything and keeps his grandma on her toes. I thank God for these little people every day because they are the reason I get up every morning and go to bed each night.

No comments: