thanks for the memories

Monday, August 22, 2022

I simply missed a Monday there.

 

Outside my window it is cloudy, muggy and looking more and more like a storm is on its way. Mornings are cooler, longer these days. Maybe the fallish time of year is on its way. 

I am wearing green shorts and my favorite yucky green shirt. It is Monday morning after all and that is the time to be yucky and get things done. I am a stickler for doing things on certain days and then calling it done until the next certain day rolls around. If that makes sense to anyone then you have a good glimpse into the working of my mind.

I am reading nothing at this time. I have a 2000 piece puzzle started which takes all my reading time.

Believe it or not I have no meals planned to the coming week. For some reason the usual part of me that is compelled to do such planning is silent this morning. Hooray for silence!

Last weekend we went for a train ride on the Hiwassee Loop. One of the attractions on the way there was the home of Mayfield Farms ice cream. They grow some seriously large cows down here in the south.
One of my favorite activities is to pick a direction and take a drive. Finding ruins and exploring them used to be a favorite thing for Doug and I to do. Last week I did just that and found this dam and the ruins of an old grist mill. I have a great deal of admiration for the men of old. Seeing the stones stacked up to for this dam is something that doesn't happen nowadays. Another sight that I admire, which I have no pictures of, is the cuts that the train we rode through. The men who cut through the mountain in order to lay the track were not only resourceful but determined. There was literally only enough room for the train to pass in some places. Had I been so inclined I could have reach out and touched the rock on either side of the train.
MK flew to NY to spend her vacation time between semesters. Wednesday I drove into Knoxville to pick her up at the airport. A picture of these bears is my only take away from that trip. 
A trip to Lowes netted us this air filled source of fun. It makes me laugh to see the kids going up and down and having such a great time. Even Noah Ben Ben got a chance with the help of Annie.

Yesterday, in spite of the heat and humidity and threat of rain we all went out to play mini golf. This little guy turned out to be a boss on the golf course. 
Uncle showing the littles how it is done. What a blessing to have an Uncle who hasn't forgotten what it's like to be a kid.
After a whole weekend of fun this little guy needs his sleep. Keeping up with your siblings can be a tiring thing. 
So here we are back on a Monday with loads of memories in the books and happy times spent with family. Does it get any better than this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Knoxville in the spring. Such a beautiful area.